View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi.

You wrote:

"My goal is to eat better, exercise more and eventually go off all prescriptions. I want to heal my body, not put more chemicals in it. Is this possible? Has anyone gotten better with the diagnosis? All the major culprits in causing the PN have been ruled out."

You sound exactly like me. I DO have a diagnosis, however. Diabetic Neuropathy. I've been diabetic for 20 years. But I came on these boards, I read, I listened, and most definitely cleaned up my act regarding over-eating.

And I listened to all the info on B-12 and other supplements (especially magnesium). In my case, the burning was greatly reduced. (because f the Methyl B-12). Doesn't happen to everybody, but I got lucky.

I'm also 60 years old. But I don't want to be 60 years old.

I want to be 30 years old again. So in my mind I'm 30.

Right now as I type this, I'm coming down from being completely bent over because of my arthritis. This only happens when the weather is nuts and for two days it has gone from 75 to 40, back to 70, down to 30.

So my poor back doesn't know what to do.

So I used the Therma wrap thing that when you open it, the air activates the iron charcoal thingees in the wrap and you just wrap it around your waist and you have heat for 8 hours.

Best thing I ever did.

At least it allows me to function until I can straighten out again.

Pain pills did nothing for me. Movement does, but who can move when you are bent over??

So I just wait, do mild stretching and try to laugh until the sun comes out again and I'll straighten up. This has happened more times than I can remember but there are good days in between. I especially love July and August. I'm straight as an arrow in those months.

So you continue to take your supplements, don't over eat. Make sure your sugar is good. (you are not a diabetic from what I have read).

And try and think positive.

Stress is a killer, believe me.

Glad the neurontin is helping. Some people can't take it. My husband has had neuropathy for 18 years. Neurontin made him deathly ill.

When a person tolerates it, it does the trick. I have heard this from people on these boards.

So I wish you well on your journey to fight this condition known as NEUROPATHY.

May we all, someday, be pain free.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ann-elizabeth (04-14-2008)