Thread: guinea pig
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thoughts recommendations and ramblings

I'm not sure of what clinical trials that are starting up, but I will share a few thoughts on Spheramine. To learn of the drug any search will give you tons of facts. They just finsished Phase II. It took from 2002 til 2007 to find 71 participants. The results will be revealed in just a few more months. After a few more months of reoganization Phase III is expected to start in 2009. It sounds like a long time but it flies by. Espect Phase III to enlist hundreds. If finding that group takes as long as the last, it could be many years for approval. They are projecting a 2011 wrap up.
I would try to communicate with either Emory University Neurology or Boston Medical Center Neurology. I'm sure they'll both tell you theres no sign up yet, but I would call the first of every month to get listed. I have a Neurologist in his 50"s. He never brought up the subject of clinical trials. Then when I tripped over the study was agains it, stating I would hate to see you get the Placebo and only be in the study for the study and not for yourself. the risks are to great. This same Dr didnt want to take me off permax because i responded so well to it. I said how well would I respond if I blew out a heart valve. He got the message
My med history was Sinmet 25/100 1/2 4x daily
Stalevo100 6x daily
Mirapex 1.12 3x daily
I had the surgery 16 mos ago, now
Stalevo150 5x daily
Mirapex 1.12 3x daily
I still dont know Placebo or not but as progresseiveas pd is I do feel Im in a holdong pattern My off periods are fewer but deeper and if Im late on a dose recovery is slow
At times I say ifi got placebo i'm not going back. Other times I say i've still got 4 girls to walk down the aisle so i must
BobT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maryfrances (04-13-2008)