View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

This is only my opinion, but the crap that passes for movies today, well to me a lot of them are just that. CRAP.

They are gangsta rapper films. (I have zero interest in these types of violent films). Maybe because I'm a woman, maybe not.

But I used to say "Give me a good Gene Hackman movie, or a good Anthony Hopkins Movie (like FRACTURE, for example). Now THAT was a MOVIE!!!

I recently viewed NIM'S ISLAND. with Jodie Foster.

She plays a character exactly like MONK on tv. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Not exactly a kid's movie. And yeah, it has fantasy elements. It's a movie for the whole family. But Jodie Foster plays a neurotic, severely OCD person, well I nearly choked, I laughed so hard. Just to see her getting out of her apartment is a hoot. Not to make fun of people with OCD ( I have it myself).

But when you see her acting ability, well THAT WAS A GOOD MOVIE.

But the other stuff they are playing, with the mind boggling sex and violence, well to me, this DOES NOT A GOOD MOVIE MAKE!!!!

Maybe because I'm 60 now, I just don't know.

All I DO know, is when I watched 88 minutes with Al Pacino, I was transported into thriller mode. I forgot my problems, my pain, my EVERYTHING.

And when a thriller can do that to you, WELL IT'S A GOOD MOVIE.

I don't need zombies eating brains, or gangter rappers just killing each other for no reason.

Nah!!! Give me an old fashioned Gene Hackman, Al Pacino or Anythony Hopkiins movie any day of the week.

I read reviews all the time. I go to Internet Movie Database and I find all the trivia that is associated with a movie.

Every movie, tv show, actor or actress is located at the Internet Movie Data base.

It's the best website for movie, or tv or actor information that I have ever seen.

They have message boards, contents, and each movie or tv show or actor info page, has it's own message board.

So for example, if you go to Internet Movie Database and type in Al Pacino, after some choices, you click on Al Pacino, and you are immediately transported to an Al Pacino web information page.

You can read his bios, see everything he has ever done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and there's his own message board where people ask questions and post comments.

Before I watch anything, I go to the Internet Movie Database and find out if I really want to watch a particular movie.

And after I finish watching it, I go back there and look into the trivia of how they made the movie, if they used special effects, they tell you the goofs about the movie.

If a person is into movies, or tv shows, or just want all the info on a famous person, well IT'S THERE!!!!

It's a quality website.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote