View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Each of us is different and we all react differently to meds...we all choose our own method of treatment. It's a personal choice. I respect everyone for their choice...

Comment on Lady's post....not everyone has the same reactions to steroids...I for one have almost the exact opposite reactions as most people do...and they do help me recover quickly from the exacerbation. That's why I choose to go that route. As I already stated...each of us is different...it's a personal choice. I respect everyone's choice.

You are right, Cheryl . . . I should have said "potential" side-effects. Some people don't have much problem at all with them . . . although most people attest to having at least some amount of short-term side-effects.

Unfortunately, none of us could know the long-term side-effects until the "long term". I have known far too many people who have suffered devastating consequences from the use of them though.

Every option available is a "choice" . . . but I was just trying to answer the thread question of "why" I do NOT use steroids with flares. I retired at yr 15 (or 28, depending on how you count it) with this disease, and I didn't have MANY flares that kept me out of the workforce for any length of time. I understand why people would want to get back to work quickly though, especially if this is their only way to support themselves.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (04-13-2008)