View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't have pain when I cough, and there is no numbing or paralysis......if there were numbness then I don't think I'd have the problem.......my throat is hypersensitive. Neuropathy pain in my hands and feet will initiate coughing, but I have none when I cough.....I never had pain in my throat. If you look up the study.....just google it......by Dr. Lee Woo......it might answer some of your questions. I can eat......and do.......eating does not always trigger a cough.....as long as I have a carbonated beverage.....I'm usually okay......but again.....rough, textured foods.....no.....not even carbonation helps. I'll mention the high blood pressure rx. to my doctor......thanks for that info. If you have difficulty understanding the situation......maybe you can understand why I could never get help for it......until Dr. Woo........I sent an email to him.....told him he was a hero to me, and I could not thank him enough.......he was kind enough to respond......only 68% of PN patients with cough improved......I told him to add me to the group.......I still have the cough.....but it is less severe and less frequent. There are also a couple of case studies that we found when we googled.....they also reference Dr. Woo. I don't know what else to tell you.....neuropathy damages the nerves....and in addition to my periperal nerves....it also got to the neves in my throat....not with pain, but hypersensitivity......please reference Dr. Woo's report......then I'd appreciate hearing what you thinnk....you sound very knowledgable and I'd like to hear you opinion of his study and trials.........thank you.
*Abigail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote