View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have found a safe place to talk and share here. I can't stop talking about it. I won't. To pretend it didn't happen would be a dishonor to those we have lost. I have no shame for what my Dad did. My heart aches for him.

I'm sorry , I know I am raw, but our society just makes me sick sometimes.
What we need more of is empathy and compassion. If everyone could just try to walk that mile in another persons shoes.....to think before they judge........or.......just shut the hell up and stop the poison

I have to say one more thing that is really bugging me of late. Its this whole suicide is a sin. I looked it up with my minister, there is nothing in the Bible that says that. Is it then mans interpetation? I really think little of how man thinks. With that thinking though, putting ones animal down, is that murder?
A person, terminally ill, who refuses treatment, is that self murder too?
No resuscitation orders, no extremes measures orders, are those all murder too?

I keep thinking of my poor aged great uncle. Two years ago, he was dying , there was nothing that could be done. Nothing. He was 91, and had lived such a kind wonderful life. How did he die? "Natural" causes. That is what it is called. But, he was literally starved to death! Food and water were stopped. This is humane? It took him 9 days to die. THIS is acceptable to our society? I say, stop the insanity!

ummmm, thanks in advance for letting me get that off my chest
Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-04-2010)