View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Glenn!

Okay, here goes...I have 3 pages here:

Test: Small Fiber Painful Axonal Profile

This individual does not possess abnormally elevated levels of either Sulfatide 4 or Hu 2,4 autoantibodies. Therefore, the likelihood that this individual's neurological systems are associated with Familial Amyloidotic Polyneuropathy (FAP) type 1 or an autoimmune response to either the Sulfatid glycolipid or the HU antigen has been reduced.

Results:

Sulfatide ELISA IgM Titer - 0
Sulfatide ELISA IgG Titer - 0
Hu Immunoreactivity - Negative

There is a whole lot more on these 3 pages. But basically nothing evalated and all normal.

Then I have SOME tests that my Neurologist did but these are NOT the results...just SOME of the tests. I know there were more and I need to get ALL the copies. So, what I have so far is:

Angiotensin 1 Enzyme
Sjogren's Antibodies
RPR (don't know what that means)
HGB, Glycated
Protein
Protein, Electro
T-3 Resin Uptake
Thyroxine
TSH
Vitamin B12

And the following is just a billing from Athena:

Immunoassy
Molecule Isolate Nuclei
Molecule Nuclei Ampli
Molecule Mutation Identify
Genetic Examination

Whew, then there are the results from the Rheumatologist which basically ALSO says everything is normal and "no evidence of connective tissue disease."

Anyway, after this was all said and done she told me everything was normal and if I remember correctly my B12 was above 700. And I just recently had my Vitamin D checked. It is fine as well.

At my next visit I will make sure I get listing and results of ALL tests. This was done about 3 years ago so I know I have either misplaced some things OR I just failed to get copies...probably the latter. I know if something had been wrong or '"off" she would have said something. Oops and the QSART showed very minimal damage. So small she said it almost didn't show up. So, who knows...it is possible I might have thought I felt something or not and pushed a button at the wrong time.

Sooo...to make a long story short I think the "burning" sensations I had all along and ONLY came on after surgery have to do with a compression form of neuropathy and not necessarily any deficiencies or anything autoimmune. Oh, and I am not diabetic either. And I also think this is why she changed the PN diagnosis to Central Pain Syndrome which makes more sense to me in my OWN situation and based on everything I have read about it. It all seems to me to be spinal related. And she was in full agreement ONCE SHE KNEW my HISTORY PRIOR to any fusions. The pain just went on for far too long until I found an NS that was willing to do something about it.

But thank you for the explanation; it was very informative.

Darn it, lol, forgot to add...EVERY EMG I have ever had done comes back normal. The only exception was over the summer which showed slight carpal tunnel in my right arm.

Last edited by Kathi49; 04-13-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added More
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote