Thread: Today I.....
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Aww sorry to hear about your dad hun , the stress sure won't be helping you at all.As for WC ,don't give up!! Hubby had a spinal injury at work in 1994, we fought for 9 long, poverty stricken years and finally got a settlement in 2003. It paid the 9 yrs of debt and now he recieves monthly, less than what he made back in 1994. But at least its something.
Pleural effusion is what happened to me after my tos surgery. I was sent home from emergency twice after being told my laboured agonizing breathing was just form my surgery grr. 2 days later i was rushed in , and they put in a chest tube and drained 2 and half litres out of my chest, my lung had collapsed form all the fluid. I have never fully recovered from it and its been 15 months.Tell your dad to keep demanding they find the reason, so they don't just drain it and send him home. I feel for him, that chest tube caused me more agony than the surgery itself and it caused alot of nerve pain on the edge of my rib cage. Istill have terrible pain and swelling there everyday.I will keep you and your dad in my prayers hun. We just got thru 6 weeks of radiation with my dad. He just finished 2 days before Easter.He had a tumour behind his tonsil,so the radiation has burnt him alot, he's doing well as far as the doctors are concerned,but it sure has been rough on him.Its been very hard to see him so sick.His treatment was 100 miles away,so he had to stay there all week and came home on weekends.We tried to go for a visit every week while he was there but the travel was very hard on me and I had another surgery the week he started, so its been a rough time.But as everyone here knows, a rough time has become the norm for most of us.Im thankful the 6 weks are over,he still has a long road ahead of him so now we are just praying that it worked.
well i needed to stop typing 20minutes ago so i guess i better stop.
hugs and prayers for all of you, take care ,cindy
"Thanks for this!" says:
hairdresser (04-14-2008), johannakat (04-20-2008)