View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Glenn,

EXACTLY! You pretty much stated what my Neurologist did the other day. I DID ask her WHY she did NOT do a spinal tap, skin biopsy or nerve biopsy. She kind of laughed and asked, "Do you want them?" Well, that stopped me in my tracks and I said, "No, come to think of it I don't!" Anyway, yes, I firmly believe my neck; cervicogenic headaches, ON and the ongoing SEVERE pain for 3 years is what did me in. That and a slew of medications. The first NS I saw did NOT want to any surgery until I showed deficits in my arms. He was wrong! The pain was going up the back of my head. When the second NS saw the state of the C3/C4 he was the one that said surgery ASAP! And his exact words were, "Too much pain for far too long!"

Oops, almost forgot. She said the same thing you did...to subject me to a spinal tap and the other tests could cause complications.

Anyway, let me backtrack a bit. I only met up with my current Neurologist AFTER the first fusion. She had no idea what had gone on before. I thought she had the records but evidently she didn't. So, I spent about an hour with her going through everything that had happened and everything the original PM's tried to do to help me. So, immediately she said...you have Central Pain Syndrome. Or, it could be Central Sensitization. I am just relaying what she said. Plus, the fact that ever test I have done comes back normal. And from what I have gleaned from various websites about it...fits me to a "T"! Except for the fact I don't think I have it nearly as bad as some. My PM is in agreement with her now as well. He doesn't like a diagnosis of Fibro because I thought about that at one time. But he definitely believes in Central Pain and explained his own reasonings.

So, yep, I think the cervical spine WAS the smoking gun.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote