View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 11:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Does it effect your hand, leg and foot also?

About a two years ago I was getting really dizzy and sometimes falling down. After I went through checking out me ears and other possible problems, my doctor sent me for a MRI. It showed the Chiari Malformation. Like alot of ya'll, I have had many scans because I have a seizure disorder and have never been told I had this condition before. My NL claimed that the dizziness was due to the "5 MM" Chiari Malformation. For about a year before finding the Chairi Malformation my Left hand would become paralyzed. It was always blammed on the seizure disorder that was under control. About six months after the test I started having pain in my left leg. It is best decribed as nerve pain and weekness. My leg and feet would fall asleep alot. I could be standing or walking and they would fall asleep. I started having pressure in my ears and having trouble hearing (like I was on top of a mountian). When I cough I get a brain freeze. Now I am starting to have problems with my sight. I still can see, just have problems at times. My doctor sent me for another MRI and the Chiari Malformation was 8mm. I wanted to know how if this is part of the Arnold Chiari Malformation or something else. How many people with this condition have the some problems?
jen_green is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote