View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like Robert, I get the same way when I'm going "off" and early in the morning. I feel like I have suction cups on me feet, and my right leg drags a little bit until I get going. I also have rather poor balance and my arms are really sore and tight. Once I've had my morning dose of Sinemet in me, my movements are pretty good. In fact I feel so good right now, that I have to keep reminding myself to take the mediation.

My neurologist put me on the Sinemet immediately, and we have finally worked up to my current levels. We tried Mirapex but it made me feel awful and didn't do a whole lot for me. At this point, I am on 6 Sinemet 25/100 regular, 1 Sinemet CR at night, along with 3 100 Mg Amantadine, and 1 Celexa daily.

Since I've started the CR, I've been sleeping pretty well, and my movement has been really great. I rarely have the tremors, and I'm back playing the piano again. It's like a nasty chapter has been closed in my life; almost like it never happened. I know this isn't going to last, but I'll sure enjoy this as long as it lasts.

I'll be 47 in May, by the way. I was diagnosed in November 2006 officially.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote