View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Scary night last night

I'm so sorry that I haven't been back to reply to post and PM's.

I think I may be having a flare, I'm not sure what's going on. I have been feeling off and on (bad days, good days ya know what I mean) for the last week or so. Saturday was wonderful...I was happy and felt good. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling pretty good, but something was not quite right. I just couldn't figure it out. Ya know that nagging feeling that something is wrong?

Dh and I went to the park yesterday morning. It was a beautiful comfortable day and I wanted to enjoy it. I was careful not to do too much walking without taking breaks to sit down and rest. We even left earlier than planned because I did want to over do it.

By yesterday evening I was in such a terrible mood and I don't know..."out of sorts" I guess. My balance was getting worse...I was walking forward when all of a sudden I started backwards and dh had to catch me to keep me from falling. He started to noticed that I would transpose letters when talking...instead of saying for example the dog barked I'd turn it around to the bark doged It wasn't with every word but I did that several times. I also would type the wrong letters. It was as though I have dsylexia.

I was talking with dh about some stuff on the computer when all of a sudden I couldn't say what I wanted. I would start a sentence then blank out. I couldn't even think of what I wanted to say. All I could do was look at dh knowing he was waiting for me to talk. This wasn't like "right on the tip of my tongue" or just plain forgetting...it was really weird and scary. He kept saying what (wanting me to tell him what I had to say) and I'd open my mouth but there was nothing. When finally I could say something all I could say was I don't know. I had no idea what I was trying to say or how to say it. It really scared me because it wasn't just one time. It was like this for several minutes because dh didn't understand that this time it was different than forgetfullness and I kept trying to talk but couldn't. It scared the crap out of me because I have seen people who've had strokes do the same thing I was doing last night with trying to talk and can't.

Today I am tired, just turning my head sometimes makes me a little dizzy. My balance is worse than it has been in a while and my feet and legs hurt/tingle/feel weird. I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. My entire body is heavy. My fingers don't even want to work sometimes. I think I could go to bed and sleep for at least a week.

I'm supposed to go to the Springsteen concert tonight (I'll have my wheelchair) then Saturday fly to TN for 2 weeks.

I don't know what to do. I need a hug.

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote