View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcitron View Post
I do believe in positive thoughts, but I think we all come down harder on ourselves than we do on others. I find that is quite difficult not to be critical of myself. I think it's because we think of what we used to be able to do, and we can't do things the same way, or at the same speed that we used to. This makes the frustration levels higher, and the fuse quite a bit shorter.

John

It's true that I have slowed, but I take it as an intellectual challenge, that is, how can I be more efficient, or work in a new way in order to complete things in a shorter amount of (or the same amount as I used to ) time. I refuse to be critical of myself because of my "obstacle". Frustrated, sometimes... but critical, not ever. I have also found that slower is often better for some things... Of course, I know that I am still at the beginning of this, so I am sorry if I'm coming off as arrogant. I know it will get harder. I have just become determined since my diagnosis to be positive and try to stay positive.

Last edited by grant r; 04-14-2008 at 08:46 PM.
grant r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote