View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default re head jarring/vibrations

Hi Tony H,

I agree about the jarring - I have had pcs for coming up 7 years now and have found that any shaking, jarring vibration of my head will bring on the symptons. (Excessive exercise has done the same - like extreme excessive like absolutely forcing myself to continue.)

With the jarring - going over a judder bar in the road too quickly has done it for me - I was amazed - it is the first time that I actually "registered" that it caused it. Of course whiplash can cause concussion so this really does follow on from that.

I don't see how any cognitive therapy can cure this so I will be very interested to hear more from you about this. How can changing the way you think help the brains physical reaction? It is like wearing a helmet - a helmet will not stop your brain shaking inside your skull.

For quite some time I have been under the impression that my brain needs a stabiliser. My balance is not what it used to be either.

Another thought that I have had in the past is that I am far more comfortable driving myself than being driven and if I am being driven by somebody in a manual car I find this incredibly jerky (lousy driver maybe) - I am not a control freak and have put it down to the fact that hanging onto the steering wheel is maybe not as jerky or perhaps having more expectation of the jerks - this does sound weird sorry!

I no longer play tennis and don't run. I now do a lot of walking and some gym work is ok.

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote