View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreuLove View Post
My 8 year old son was diagnosed with Tourettes early last year. A month after we lost our insurance and had no choice but to stop clonidin, I was thankful to have a friend with an older boy to give me a little advice regarding my sons diet and no medication. But after only advising me to add Omega-3 and Flaxseed to his diet I lost contact with her.

He has been on Flax Seed Powder in his milk for 2 weeks now and I don't know if thats good. No suger unless for a treat I get all sugar free for the most part.

He has a lot of problems in his gastro-intestines also. And I don't know if the Tourettes and stomach problems are related.

His Tourettes seems to be getting worse since he started the flaxseed powder.

I don't know what else to do?

Also can things such as:

MSG
Red#40 artificial color
Caprisuns
Bread
Milk affect

Affect Tourettes Disorder???

Any advice?
From what I have heardyou should stay away from artificial sweetners. We have had our son on a wheat and gluten free diet, I can say that after three months, I have yet to see any positive changes. We also have him on DHA, magnesium, amino acids for his vocal tics. But as you know with TS it is very difficult to tell what is working and what is not. Good luck to you.
Lori n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote