View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I don't know anything about a challenge walk. We don't have anything like that here. We do have a 150K bike fund raiser that took place over a weekend.

There is no way I could do a 3 day walk either. I did recently (March) do the 3-mile walk here. That was a challenge but I finished. I do the walks twice a year. Myself and another MSer formed a team. She is all about raising funds and I am all about awareness and support. She takes care of setting goals and getting local companies involved to match what their employees raise. I work on raising awareness of what life is like with MS. It works out great.

As for the funds I am not sure. Call who ever is sponsoring the event and ask them what happens to the funds and how much of it actually goes towards research.

Additionally, it may be good to ask what else they do with the funds. I know that locally the NMSS has started a few programs for people with MS as well as creating more support for local MSers. I know that it is not research but it has been helpful to those of us with MS. They have used some of the funds to get assistive devices for those who financially cannot afford them, they have used the funds to start exercise classes (yoga and aquatics), and many other helpful programs.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote