View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What you describe could cover a whole host of possibilities, so don't try and focus on any specific or individual thought - this can lead to obsessive or worrying concerns.

Tell your neuro just what you told us, see if you can't put bit of a diary or timeframe together of just what happened and how the sxs appeared. List things that may have occured at the same time such as a run of illnesses, a bad viral illness, severe stress in your life, an overseas trip, change in diet, exercise etc. It is surprising the proportion of people who visit this forum with similar issues who are marathon runners or have started a very heavy exercise or weight training regime.

Consider a spectrum of blood testing, possibly an MRI and muscle testing of some sort (although this may occur after the blood testing). The neuro should test your strength and reflexes and s/he will know whether you are exhibiting clinical weakness or fatigue related weakness.

My problems occured after a bout of viral illnesses during my second pregnancy, then viral encephalitis two years later. I have never been the same since. It took a long time to dx the problem.

I had muscle weakness, fatigue, tremors, seizures, twitching, headaches, parasthesias, the list is endless.

Start at the beginning; see your neuro and talk over with him/her your sxs. Don't go in with any set ideas on what it might or might not be. Be open to suggestions and testing, and listen to what s/he has to say. If in doubt, you can always get a second opinion.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on
lexiathedragongirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-08-2008)