View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You

Sasha...for your response to my question related to Mirapex. It seems that you also developed a spending problem while taking a higher dose of Mirapex (Doreen ultimately took the maximum dosage, i.e., 4.5 mg. 3x's daily) and she developed a horrendous spending problem. Now, with Mirapex having been re-introduced...first week, .125 mg. 3x's daily...second week, .25 mg. 3x's daily, I am watching very carefully for any hint of the "spending" habit...so far, so good...and it does seem to have helped with the tremor so that I think her neurologist will probably keep her on this lower dose for the time being. He always believes in "less is best". I also think he will probably decrease the Sinemet which, in all probability, is causing the undesireable dyskinesia. This was his ultimate aim in putting her on the "new" regimen. Now, if by decreasing the Sinemet, the tremor worsens, he just might decide to increase the Mirapex to the next dosage level, i.e., .5 mg just as you are now taking. If this happens, then it seems that you and Doreen will be on a ery similar medication regimen. I will say that her mood is greatly improved since re-starting the Mirapex...just have to hope that it doesn't improve to the point where she'll want to go out and purchase everything in sight. lol...

Thank you again, Sasha, for taking the time to respond...appreciate it a lot....

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sasha (04-15-2008)