View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi,

I would like to add something concerning support group meetings. I know a gal who has MS and it is at the present not that bad. Her doctor advised her not to go to a support group meeting as it would bring her down.

I know from personal experience after having gone to support group meetings for CMT that they can bring you down. By that I mean after having gone over quite a number of years (not to every one of them due to the distance) that it can bring you down. After that period of years, I can see how the people I know have progressed and how much worse off they are now. And I have to add myself to that list as well.

But, having said that, I have made some good friends by going. Now due to the distance, as I mentioned, I only pretty much go if they have a really good speaker like a neurologist who is an expert on CMT. That way I usually learn a bit more as to what research is being done, etc. And, I get it from the "horse's mouth".

In the end, it is up to the individual and I would never discourage anyone from going. It is a big help to many I'm sure. Thanks for listening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote