View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This posting is not intended to "gross anyone out". If you are not contemplating oral surgery where they slice the roof of your mouth off and sew/glue it to your gums, you don't need to read it. I am disappointed with the procedure so far. I have more operations scheduled, but may cancel them with this doctor.

It has been 5 days since they did my oral surgery. I hurt as much or more today as I did then. I find that odd.

I have one can of Chicken Noodle Soup a day and give the solid part to my 4 legged kid. I drink protein drinks and something else. No V-8. I am taking my meds like I always do, but I added some class II to help with the additional pain.

They will tell you the roof of your mouth will feel like it does when you scrape it with a spoon or knife. That is almost true. If you were to scrape the roof of your mouth with a dozen knives it might be close to the same.

My surgery has caused some side effects I did not expect. I have a toothache on the left lower side 24/7. It makes me wonder if they did it right to begin with. My left ear seems to have an "ear ache" about half the times. The roof of my mouth is uncomfortable 24/7. I have second hand smoke damage to my lungs, and the damage causes sputum to be expelled 24/7. If you try to "pull" it outward, if you use ... what is the polite word for this...if you use "vacuum" to pull the sputum up to where you can remove it politely from your mouth, the vacuum feels like you are pulling the roof of your mouth off. I have read that sentence again and I stand by it. When they cut the roof of your mouth off, they have to protect it, so they glue a protective cover over the area removed. Any vacuum applied to that area feels like you are pulling the skin off the roof of your mouth. That is accurate.

I get my stitches out the 17th. One week after the surgery. I am NOT looking forward to it.

There has to be a better way to do this. I have enough Class II's to put myself in a stupor for 3 weeks, but that is dangerous too. See what I mean?

My biggest surprise was how long it continues to hurt. I guess I am asking too much of the industry, no one in that office told me I would have toothaches/earaches, etc. If they had I would have asked for a second opinion.

If anyone has had oral surgery with minimal pain, please let me know how they did it. We may try gas next time. Thanks...