View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I couldnt believe it when I found out how much my dad's sisters do not like my mother, or my uncle's widow.

When I was growing up, it always seemed like everyone got along. Surprised the crap out of me to find out that they hated my mom, and I guess me and my sister because we were part of my mom.

It really bothers me, because I always felt like I was friends with all of my cousins...now I think that I'm only friends with my aunt's (#1) two daughters...who I dont talk to very often.

I know that I would be friends with the cousin who's wife went nuts and tried to get aunt #1 fired from her job. I know I would be friends with him if his wife hadnt demanded that he cant talk to my other two cousins or me. His wife wont allow him to visit us to talk. When we moved, before he got married, he was over here, helping us move the entire time. It was fun to have him around.

I miss my cousin, and I'm sad that his dad died. I think he's about 5yrs younger than I am, but the two of us look like we could be twins. (other than the fact that he's male and I'm female, and the hair color...he's blondish, and I've got brown/quickly going gray hair)

I truly dont think he's mad at our family. I think my cousin is probably just as frustrated as I am that there's been this big split down the middle. Partially caused by his wife, and partially caused by the pre-existing animosity that had been going on in my family for years.

If I havent had all the stupid MS crap going on for the past two years, I might have been more outgoing in trying to talk to the relatives that dont talk to us anymore...I think I havent tried because they're the ones who have always called me a hypochondriac, and I'm not sure that they believe me that I have MS. (I have the medical records to prove it, if they doubt me. I got copies from my neuro)

Heck, I proved to them that we've got a congenital birth defect running thru our family...I've even identified at least 5 relatives aside from me that have/had it. They wont listen to me tho. I guess telling someone that you're not a genetically perfect person kind of ticks people off.

I'm trying to do research on my family to find out how far back the birth defect goes, but cant find out information past my paternal grandfather...who I'm sure handed it down to at least 6 family members.

It's just annoying to be cut off from my cousins now. They all have kids, and I know that they look at me weird because I'm the only one of us who isnt married and producing offspring. (at least I've got a boyfriend)

I tried to take a nap, but I guess insomnia isnt just for actual bedtime.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote