View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Bilye, this is an important concept. I bit myself big time in the lip and it hardly hurts (at least not right now.) My mouth is usually quite a good distance from my foot, but not always. I do try to check over my feet.

They do make mirrors that are on these long sticks so you can see the bottom of your foot....however, you can't really see between your toes I don't think. I have to have my 2.50 power lenses and my nose in something to see it these days. I have been cruising websites with adaptive devices in my spare time...OK, trying to use up time...Lord, there has to be some better way to occupy those extra minutes...no wait, hours.

My doc's office has a sign, 'If you are diabetic, please remove your socks and shoes'. They should change that sign to 'if you have PN'. Diabetes is so closely linked with PN, they forget that other people get PN. It is the PN not the diabetes that causes the numbness. No one offered to look at my 'dawgs'....I can still look at them myself.....my hubby would wrinkle up his nose, but he would look. Gee, I THINK he would. Eh, he can't see close up much better than I can (he can spot something a mile away)....but, he is more deaf too.

These are the golden years because...........(please feel free to finish this sentence-I am at a loss for words.) Don't say it is because you can join AARP.

I wonder if you may have a splinter in there and it is in deep and looks like a hair? I have in the past, pre PN, dug some things out of my feet that ended up being a lot bigger than they originally looked, or I would have booked a surgical suite if I had known their true size.

Get in to see a doc tomorrow, if not your own, an urgent care?
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote