View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default a relapse of panic

Okay, I'm having one of those "oh my god" moments...like oh my god I can't believe I have MS. It has been 9 months since the phone call that made me faint and 6 months since the Mayo Clinic doctor's swiss cheese comment. Why do I feel like I was just told yesterday?? All the worst is going through my mind again--I'll wind up not being able to walk, I'll wind up confined to my bed, I'll always have to take medications that make me feel like crap, my husband won't be able to deal with this forever and worst of all I'll have to quit my job--a job that took 8 years of graduate school to land because that's just how long it takes to do what I do. I worked so hard to get where I am in life and now I feel like I was just "punished" (??--no maybe that's not the right word) or was just handed the absolute most horrible news I can think of. I mean, only 400,000 people have MS in the good 'ole USA. That's not a lot. Does anyone ever feel like they have crappy luck? Now, granted "at least I don't have a brain tumor" which is what my husband and I say (joke) when we are stressed. But clearly I am having issues with the uncertainty question. I guess that never goes away and you just have to adjust to it?? Please tell me this will get at least a little better in terms of coming to terms with an MS diagnosis. I need some hope.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-15-2008)