View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oh Yeah!!

I had a pedicure last year and we used one of those big whirlpool chairs. Beautiful job and I watched it verrrddddy carefully. But then about a month later I noticed the nails were turning black under the polish. Went back and we took the polish off and both tonails were black. Nasty fungus we think and both big toenails came off. But I have neuropathy and can't feel my big toes. We don't think it was shoes that were too small because I wear sandals most of the time.

But another thing thrown into the mixing pot was the public swimming pool and locker room. Even tho I tried to be very careful and stand on my own towel to change clothes, ...who knows. I'm inclined to think it was the whirlpool chair. Even tho I watched the tech pour pure bleach into the chair and toss her tools into it after working on me. She was such a sweet little thing and married to a State Trooper. She said they are required to do this and let it soak for a set period of time. But I think those chairs can breed stuff that nothing will kill. Plus my immune system is terrible.

We use bleach in our showers here now and also spray Lysol on the floor of the shower after my husband's shower. He has athletes foot compliments of the U.S. navy.

Now I take my own footbath (plain wash basin plastic tub) and my own tools also......my own nail polishes. The podiatrist said it was possible to catch fungus from a nail brush used on someone who has the fungus and then used on you. It's been a year and I've got one big Toenail back and the other one is halfway back. I've got my fingers ...and toes crossed.

Billye