View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Default and...

Beth reminded me to mention that a sonic tooh brush is ideal for Tos'rs. In my former life (before TOS) I was a dental assistant, and I know from experience that even able handed people can't do as thorough a job as a sonic brush. Now with TOS I find that brushing by hand is an easy way to flare myself and such a needless waste of my energy.

Beth is also right about your hygiene being important as the med,'s that cause our mouths to be dry also make us more susceptible to decay, so seeing the dentist regularly is very important. There are also Rx toothpastes, rinses and gum, some also over the counter, that help you to produce more saliva and help prevent decay.

Also for those with TMJ flare ups, use warm, moist heat when one comes for 20 minutes then remove.Try to do this while laying on a rooedl up towel if you don't have a tempurpedic or orthopedic type pillow so the neck and jaw muscles are at rest. Go to soft foods, no chewing gum, or crunching ice. Gentle massaging of cheek area where the jaw hurts can help, gentle massaging at the base of the neck can help also. Also anti-inflamatories or muscle relaxers (if you have them) especially at the onset.

G~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote