Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
the vibrations shouldn't cause any problems. i would be worried about the fine dust that may creep in.

what about your own sanity while this is going on?
Oh, it is horrible. Two days ago they ruptured the water main and we had no water for 1/2 a day. (this was an accident).

They are putting in a new main in the whole area...since we are VERY OLD...
Our cat trembled ALL day yesterday until they turned the immense machines off.
Today they are digging a test hole for our line to see if we are copper..and the neighbor whose line is right next to ours. If either one is NOT copper they will be digging up my whole garden in the hill! (We just had our line replaced one summer about 4 yrs ago so we think we are copper..the house next door is a rebuild on an old lot 25 yrs ago...and they think both are copper now).

They will be coming today...digging up the whole curb area across the street (no houses on that side--just my wildflower gardens).

I will be keeping all doors and windows shut. The fumes off these monster diggers were horrible yesterday...clouds and clouds of diesel. And both of us are sneezing and gakking majorly too.

I expect more vibrations today since it will be closer.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote