View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default therese..

All agonists are bad for me, as sinemet can't be tolerated for some. I tried titrating up on mirapex 3 times since my PD "career" began. Mirapex was tolerable for a short while but my calves and feet swelled up and it made me feel like a zombie, but it DID help with the PD symptoms. Every now and again i get the mirapex bottle out and take a small amount for a week or so , until my legs start swelling, so i stop taking it. I don't know if i have any great advise for you except that PD is a "moving target" and it doesn't hurt to use agonists with sinemet, just go on and off as slowly as you can. Never, ever, suddenly stop any PD medicine, but keep trying different things if it looks like there are problems with your current regimen. AS far as "obsessive-compulsive" behavior goes, just try to think of getting into things that you can compulsively obsess on that won't cause any "Real" problems to yourself or others, and aren't expensive. Some of us spend the whole of our days at various sites on our computers, yakking away with others who share interests. Some of us read a lot and through interlibrary loans it's very cheap to get into almost any subject you like. I agree, keeping the pounds off is difficult for some of us, but can be managed by becoming a vegetarian. If you are a good cook try to obsess over creating the tastiest, most filling, low cal dishes possible, gardening is pretty cheap and is rewarding, but i agree, not the kind of thing most of us can do.I think at one time or another OB-COMP behavior is part and parcel to having PD, but one CAN change this relatively easily if you have a carepartner who you will LISTEN to
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gaykir (04-16-2008), grant r (04-16-2008)