Thread: Newby
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Okay I can't figure this out

I am trying to thank everone for welcoming me and answer some questions.. tee he he..
Hopefully I am able to post this with out it giving me an error. A couple of people did not know what NF1 is. Nf1 is short for Neruofibromatosis type 1. there is also NF2. NF is also known as Vaughnreklins(sp).. It is a gentic condition that casues tumers to grow anywhere on or the in the body at any time. It is progressive. There is no cure for NF. It also comes along with other problems such as learining dissabilitis, epilipsy, speech impediment and other things. It affects everyone is such a diffrent way. I hope that answeres that. That is the short version. As for the endrocronolgist we had our visit last week. This past Mon. my son went in for more blood work to check his testosterone, cortisol, and a couple of other things. He also had a bone age x ray. Were are anxiously waiting for the results. This is all being done to find out where the puberty is comming from. As for my question the person who responded about the early puberty at 8 I was wondering how it affected you and if you dont mind me asking what was the casue of yours?

Thanks to everyones responses and the warm welcomes
Leah77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote