View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Yes, it does stink, but I make a point of falling with style.

My first line of defense at the beginning was choosing the right footwear. Fitted shoes with a slightly turned-up toe make a huge difference.

I also use a Foot-Flexr which is designed for runner training but gives a little added "pull" to keep me from tripping over a dropped crumb.

I do have a cane, and I don't give a rip what people think of it. I need a 4-wheeled walker nowadays, and again, if someone has a judgement prepared for me over that, then let them wrestle with their own demons.

I need my scooter for anything more than 75 feet, do I look pitiful or weak, or like less of a person to you? It's not vanity for me, it's denial. Once I got over each stage of it, I got to using the tools I need to keep doing the things I want to do. I'm not embarrassed to wear my eyeglasses or use my toothbrush either.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (09-06-2011), plum tuckered (04-16-2008), SallyC (04-16-2008), Twinkletoes (04-19-2008)