View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

I have an old useless room that used to be a porch. To get outside, we have to walk through the "family room."

My husband had surgery on his leg a while back and I got him all set up in bed, but I forgot his medications out in the car. I was dressed in an old pink robe and slippers. It was cold and snowing out, but I figured I could walk the few steps to the car from the front door without being seen.

I walk out into the useless room and hear a ticking sound. I look over and see a racoon looking at me. I stomped my foot, but he wouldn't back down.

I went back into the house and armed myself with a pan and spoon. I was able to keep him at bay and get out to the car, but I was afraid to go back into the house through the front door. The racoon was probably at the front door waiting for me.

SO, I had no choice but to walk across my front lawn through the snow - dressed in my old pink robe, slippers, and carrying a spoon and pan. A neighbor was out walking his dog and saw me, but neither one of us said anything to each other. He probably thinks I'm crazy.

The thought of going up against a racoon was nerve rattling enough. I can't IMAGINE having to face a mountain lion - who's probably hungry!
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote