View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Shocked Free money causes me stress

So, what would you have done in my predicament . . .

I'm walking outside the mall this morning, and I look down and spot a $50 bill on the ground. I snatch it up, and immediately look ahead of me to see if anyone has just passed over that patch of ground. Up ahead about 40 ft is a gentleman, about my age.

I approach him as he is entering the mall, and ask him if he happens to have lost any money? He checks his pockets and says "yeah, I think so". I said "how much?". He says "at least $20". I said "sorry, wrong amount".

He see's me glance at the money, which is a bright pink (our notes are colored green for $20, pink for $50). In fact what I had found was two $50's, but he didn't see that . . .

I walk around the mall a little, feeling slightly guilty about the find, especially since I thought I lost my wallet with $100 in it this morning. I hadn't, fortunately.

So, as I am leaving the mall, he and his daughter (or wife?) approach me and say, "that was our money after all". I said "hmmmm.... what to do now?" (out loud). I was more then happy to give it back to him originally, but now???

I said "ok, how much was it?". He says "at least 2 X $50".

What would you have done?

Cherie