View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
n/a

15 yr Member
n/a

15 yr Member

I have used a cane ever since I knocked down an entire handbag display at Sears and the people who were there thought I was drunk - that was in the 70's - I've been using a brace for foot drop probabally 20 or so years along with the cane - if I didn't use a brace I would be spending half my life trying to get off the floor and I seriously couldn't walk without tripping - the walk-aide is expensive and not covered by any insurance I have had - if you want embarassing - there's knocking down the entire line of display racks of lingerie like dominos at Neiman Marcus because you're forgot to grab your cane -

It took me a while to get used to wearing the brace but if it enabled me to walk and do a job then it was and is worth it - as for people not being considerate of a person with a cane - I only had that problem once and a very sharp rap on the ankle with a metal cane does the trick - canes are also helpful for getting things off the top shelf - just remember to duck - and to use as a lever when you do fall down and there's nothing to grab onto to get up - golf carts are terrific too and so are the scooters they let you used at Jamestown - only ran down one person and that was my DH -
KarenMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-16-2008), SallyC (04-16-2008)