View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 12:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Anodyne has always been very expensive. It's the Rebuilder that was and still is a few hundred bucks.

There have been a fair number of posters who have reported their experiences with Anodyne, including myself, on OBT (Old BrainTalk) - again it is too bad that all that info is not available right now. Still hoping it might be.

I think 50% reporting at least some improvement sounds about right - whatever such a percentage might mean. I was one who tried an extra-long trial which unfortunately produced no changes at all.

David, and others who might be interested: I strongly agree that the old saw again applies. Nobody should go out and buy one without undergoing a proper clinical trial first. I do believe that Medicare does provide coverage for a home unit with evidence of a successful trial. And I believe they will also cover the trial sessions - the problem may be finding a Medicare provider who will do the trial and accept Medicare. I searched for a long time and ultimately had no success - I would have had to go too far to do it. However, I did work out a deal with a local provider so I have no regrets trying it.

I am still not aware of any downside to the procedure, as long as a proper protocol is followed (if a session is too long, burning of the skin could occur). I would hope that those of you who have had many treatment failures and/or who are looking for non-pharmaceutical interventions would strongly consider a trial.

And don't forget to post your results if you do!

rfinney
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote