View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I gave up on my cholesterol a long time ago...

When I'd tried Zocor ages ago, what happened was my BP went up and my #'s didn't go down... I was very active then and was eating so right it was almost disgusting. All it 'did' for me was start me having edema at my ankles.
As for the Chol. going up? You have to consider really hard how your eating style has changed along with your 'lifestyles'....given the neuropathy. That stifles so much. When I stopped worrying and focused more on even better diet, things became a non issue. Ironically, since my PN onset? BP and Chol are soo good it's disgusting [and they should NOT be -gotta have my chocolate!]. I am not going to try and figure it out. Too hard.

Melody? As for 'porridge'? It is either an oat, wheat or rice. And yes, kind of like oatmeal.

Brian - I understand your confusion about tests #'s. I've webbed up 'metric conversion tables' to help me 'translate' from place to place all sorts of things. Medical, thermal, distance, you name it. Maybe that would help? It's an aspect that makes us each unique, confused and also special to me.

Hugs to all - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote