View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
When I'd tried Zocor ages ago, what happened was my BP went up and my #'s didn't go down... I was very active then and was eating so right it was almost disgusting. All it 'did' for me was start me having edema at my ankles.
As for the Chol. going up? You have to consider really hard how your eating style has changed along with your 'lifestyles'....given the neuropathy. That stifles so much. When I stopped worrying and focused more on even better diet, things became a non issue. Ironically, since my PN onset? BP and Chol are soo good it's disgusting [and they should NOT be -gotta have my chocolate!]. I am not going to try and figure it out. Too hard.

Melody? As for 'porridge'? It is either an oat, wheat or rice. And yes, kind of like oatmeal.

Brian - I understand your confusion about tests #'s. I've webbed up 'metric conversion tables' to help me 'translate' from place to place all sorts of things. Medical, thermal, distance, you name it. Maybe that would help? It's an aspect that makes us each unique, confused and also special to me.

Hugs to all - j
My diet is not *too* bad, 1% lowfat milk, low-fat or light margarine, I watch the fat content in foods and I use canola or olive oil when oil is called for. I don't eat hardly anything that's fried. Mostly baked and such. Not much red meat, mostly chicken and little pork. It's puzzling. I do need to exercise more. My oldest daughter gave me an exercise bike that you sit down in and the pedals are in front of you. It has a handle on either side to move your arms at the same time you're pedaling. I have to get off my butt and use it. Sigh. And of course there's the smoking. I did get the script for the Chantix filled today. But because of just starting the Mirapex I've opted to give the Mirapex a few weeks so if I do have side effects I'll know which drug is causing it. I also need to start taking the fish oil caps again I guess.

I've also lost 15 lbs according to the Dr's office scale. But I need to lose a *lot* more. I'm ashamed to say how much more.

BTW, the NP practitioner agreed with me about the Statins being as I already have PN.

So tonight I start the niacin and aspirin. The aspirin is supposed to keep the flushing side effects at bay. We'll see. I'm starting at 500mg. She wanted me to start at 1000mg right off the bat but after talking to a couple of people that did that I decided not to.

And I'm happy to say that last night after the first dose of Mirapex I had the best nights sleep I've had in a *very* long time. I woke up alert, energized and ready to face the day. I felt good all day! And no foot pain at all until around 3:00 PM. Took one of the Ultracet I have left and I've been fine since then. I hope this continues. It seems I may have found a good balance. I sure do hope so. And I hope it continues this way.