View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ml ....

I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma in both feet 4 years ago. Went thru physical therapy, injections and then finally decided to have them surgically removed. I ended up having two neuroma's removed in the right foot and one in the left. I thought, finally, my foot pain is gone! Then 6 months later, the Neuroma's GREW BACK! Both feet. Incredible, the Dr. had never seen that happen. So I was scheduled to have both feet operated on and on the day of surgery, I decided to only have the right foot done again. Amazingly both Neuroma's in the right foot grew back and the Doc said it was like he had never removed them originally.

6 weeks later, I wake up with incredible burning in both feet and I start my PN journey. I have a theory that the Neuroma's were just another manifestation of the PN. Many here have had Morton's Neuromas...there has got to be a connection.

I hope the injections do the trick for you. I really wish I hadn't done the second surgery as my right foot is so much more painful than the left now. Proceed with caution and if surgery is necessary, i would consult an ortho, and not have a podiatrist do the surgery.

Good Luck...

Ann

P.S. Upon further retrospection, many of my PN symptoms happened well before the Mortons Neuroma.
ann-elizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote