View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ann,

I hope you don't mind the following discussion. It is certainly not meant to challenge your post and I certainly could be opening a can of worms. That is not my intention.

I am aware that this is very evident in terms of the illicit or street drugs and is more related to how they are "cut". Prescription drugs, whilst used as directed don't appear to have these horrible effects and Rx opioids are prepared under such strict standards......I can't find much at all to qualify (from genuine scientific research) that offers real evidence that prescription opioids are the boogy-man most doctors believe them to be.....it is muchly based on hearsay and opinion without much real evidence.

We, with CRPS, have problems, as part of this monster in correctly processing and laying down Calcium to our bodies. One thing to remember, is that patients in genuine pain and not abusing their meds rarely become addicted unless they are over-medicated to a level that ensures euphoria (or for that matter under-medicated).

I was quite concerned regarding this when they started prescribing quite heavy oral doses for my CRPS pain and have done hundreds of hours of research. It appears to be a fear held by some physicians regarding the phantom effects of legitimate opioid use and it makes it VERY hard for those of us needing genuine pain relief from such severe PAIN THAT NEVER GOES AWAY.

That does not mean I am in favour of them. All of my treatment has been aiming at ending up NOT taking oral opioids or other meds...but that is a very long story and not for here.

If I have any degree of success I will not hesitate to share it with ALL.

Hope this finds you as well as you can be.
Cheers
Auberon.
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote