View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good start with the B-vitamins. Especially the B-12. However, when taking B-12 it's important to take other B-vitamins along with it, which you're doing. The lessening in symptoms is probably not your imagination. Be aware though that there are times when the symptoms seem to come back and sometimes a bit worse than before. However, those short-term increases seem to be the nerves regenerating and healing themselves and coming awake rather than the orginal neuropathy symptoms.

I found this message board late one night, or *very* early one morning depending on how you look at it. I was desperate for answers and relief. I was sitting here in pain and crying because of the pain and fatigue from lack of sleep. I found this board and started reading. I found the info about the B-12. I can tell you that from the time I started the B-12 therapy and added other supplements as I went along my PN pain has decreased about 90%.

This board also helped me to find adequate pain relief. For me, Tramadol is my hero. It mutes all the nerve pain. I can't take Gabapentin (generic neurontin) because it makes me suicidal. It also depletes B-12 which leads to an increase in PN symptoms and pain. This is apparently also part of what increased my pain and caused them to up my dose of Gabapentin which made me suicidal. Fun, huh?

There are many wonderful and knowledgeable people here. You'll find answers and the help you're looking for. Read and post...it's that simple.