View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Dear! Oh! Dear!

How I hate such tales!
I was fortunate w/a 'wart', maybe plantars', decades ago in that the podiatrist opted to chemically remove it... It took a very long time - over a year, to 'burn' it out using salycilic acid. [I was neck and neck tied w/a guy from the FBI for the 'duration' of treatments] Outside of the normal falls and breaks one encounters at an earlier age, that was my first experience with real nerve pain, especially nerve pains - as it was a chemical burning out of that wart and well, the nerves got zapped as well. But, I have to admit, that his philosophy of not having scar tissue afterwards was true. No reoccurance nor residual nerve pains from that experience.
The scars and injuries to nerves are soo indefinable and obtuse.
Billye, that the doc couldn't SEE anything there, doesn't mean there isn't something there still. Just be diligent in your follow up, please!
I've always been one to advocate that those of us w/PN treat it as IF we had diabetic neuropathies, for the protection reasons and to try and avoid the problems you have encountered... Even tho, we may not actually be able to SEE such 'invasions' we mite be able to detect the reaction/infection that follows. Foot mirrors seem to be wildly expensive - here is one I found 'on sale' that mite be useful for the future?
http://www.goldviolin.com/Diabetic_F...or_p/90406.htm
They seem to run on the average between $30-60. I've been making do on my own, tho paying close attention as best I can w/a plain old mirror, and what 'feel' I've left in my fingers to 'see' what might be right or wrong w/my feet...sometimes that mirror thing might be useful.
Billye, I truly hope that this clears up perfectly! Having a residual pain there on top of everything else is not what we want nor need!
's and healing and some relief in some quarter for you soon! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Silverlady (04-17-2008)