View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

My mom is at my sisters. The doctor believes she had a seizure as I suspected. They sent her home with dilantin and orders to see the neuro surgeon and neurologist. She was told she could go back to work but she cannot drive. She is going to stay out of work today. She is angry at us for all that has happened to her.

We (the siblings) know at this point it will be a miracle if she can return to work and function at her job. She had confusion issues before the seizures so it's quite possible this will be the last job she will hold. We have all discussed what we are going to do and it looks like assisted living is the only option we will have at this point. My sister will also be talking to the neurologist on Monday about getting her on disability and about a possible Alzheimers dx along with the seizures.

Please keep praying, she's only 63. We all thought she would someday live with one of us. We never dreamed she would become so angry and dismissive. With that being said, I do think she will be happier living on her own regardless of where, so this is the route we will take. At least at an assisted living facility she will have nurses or somebody available if needed. Hopefully we can find a place close to my sister.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Thank you Becky for updating for me. Please pray not only for my mother to bounce back but please pray that this bitterness and anger subsides, if only a small amount. She was screaming at my sister last night so bad and I wasn't there to do anything about it. She is convinced we are all trying to kill her. She is threatening to get her car and drive and we have been forced to tell her we will call the authorities if she does that.

Last edited by SandyC; 04-17-2008 at 10:50 AM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (04-17-2008)