View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Daisymay,

I just read your post to Linda over the phone. We both got emotional as I was reading it. Linda was extremely moved by your story. Thank you for posting the positive experience you had. You are amazing to do that for you DS and it's wonderful to know that things are going well for him and you. When it comes to our children, there is nothing that we will not give them and I'm sure that you didn't hesitate one second about donating your kidney.

The surgery is running about an hour and a half late. The doctors just started the operation to remove Rod's (DS) kidney about 9:30. Linda said they just took Gary (DGS) back to the surgery area. Linda said the nurse was wonderful and was telling them everything that was going on and would do so until the operation and transplant were over.

They have been told that both surgeries will run around 6 hours. She is going to call me with update through the afternoon and evening. Gary will go to ICU for as long as necessary and Rod will go to his room after being in the recovery room.

I am shaking with joy too but can't wait until this is over and successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
Oh Becky~ I am shaking right now, but w/joy that your friend's son will get a new lease on life. My DS had a kidney transplant in 1994. We went through the living related donor program and Yes, he has my left kidney. I would give another one, if I had a spare, as seeing new LIFE in my DS was the most amazing thing in the world.

I am so very anxious to hear how all is going. Just remember, they have amazing anti rejection meds now and can stop a rejection most of the time, if in fact it would happen, as long as the recipient keeps up w/labs, appts etc.

I am so happy that your friend's DH is giving life to his son not once, but twice. Keep us posted and I am praying everything is going well.

PS: They can now remove a kidney w/smaller incisions~ when I had mine done, it was through a larger incision. Prayers are going out to the family.

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (04-17-2008)