View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Oh Sandy, I know exactly what you are going through right now. It isn't easy.

My mom is in a retirement community that has different levels of living arrangements. She is currently living in a studio type apartment where she can cook her own meals and basically live on her own with someone checking on her daily.

The center has two step up levels of care as needed for those who don't want to leave the facility.

We have decided that she can stay where she is and we are having Hospice come to her rather than move her to another room in the same complex. She is still able to cook for herself and when she is not able, the facility has a service whereby they will bring meals to her three times a day. We pick the menu for her, or she can, and they deliver them when she wants them, not at their convenience. We just discovered this service last week!

Your mom is probably more angry at what's happening b/c she is no longer in control and is lashing out at you and your sister. It's sad that she is so young and this is happening to her. She needs to see the doc ASAP and she certainly needs to have the car removed. You both know that. It's a liability that none of you want or need at this point.

The dilantin will certainly slow her down if it effects her like it did me! All I wanted to do was sleep!

You know you have our support Sandy. It's a tough time right now and you all certainly have your hands full. Take care...

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (04-17-2008)