View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink Mr. & Mrs Quack Quack....

Major problem with THEM.... they are confused, and are right on the machines.
We had to go down to them and shooo them down the wall and get them out of the street! (just now) The operator of the
digger notified us.

Oreo went nuts this morning...I went down to talk to the guys...even got some supplement hits in there! (how cool is that?)
But she heard my voice down there, and drove my husband nuts.

So we had a talk... I told her it was okay, I was talking to the MEN.
So now she is sitting in the backyard on a bench under our umbrella (for shade).
I swear she understands language like no other cat we have ever had.

It is pretty bad tho...the digging is now in front of our home. Our water went off again today 3 hrs.
This is a picture from today:
I am on our stairs looking down on the street--- our hummingbird banner is pretty funny.... LOL

Anyway this is before this massive machine started digging the trench to bury the new water main. Behind it is a river. And behind that is downtown, office buildings etc.
This is where we typically park our cars.
And the bucket for this digger is totally out of range!

I DID turn off the main computer --the ground was really shaking. I used the laptop upstairs instead. Just being careful.

The second picture is later in the day, they are lowering the main pipe into the trench...this is in front of our next door neighbor (who escaped and has not returned home! )

Tomorrow will be more of this.... until they reach the end--the dead end! LOL

I have to say it is going quickly...they are very good at it.
They told me today, they found mastodon bones 3 miles north of us! Recently.... so who knows what they may find here? LOLOLOL

edit-- okay... Mr and Mrs QuackQuack... have figured it out. They just came in from the neighbors roof (see the Pet forum).
I think they finally figured that coming up the traditional way--up the hill, from the street which they do most of the time
was not going to work. I was worried that they would get squished! So now I am relieved!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-29-2008 at 06:11 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote