View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lisa

I have not had any surgeries on my spine and after seeing my newest NS and him telling me I am not a good candidate for a successful surgery to relieve pain, I sort of felt relieved and disappointed at the same time.

He did not go into great detail, but did mention that with my problems, he would recommend a massive fusion but that he thinks there would be only a 40-50% chance of pain relief! So, that makes it easy for me to decide on not having a surgery unless it is totally quality of life issue.

My NS highly recommended that I continue with Pain Management for my treatments and hope for the best.

Of course I have the fear of PM since my RF Abalation complication in April, but have decided to continue with this Doctor's care of my spine and see him today and fully expect him to want to do an ESI or selective nerve root injections in the Thoracic and Lumbar areas...

Like those who fear more surgery, I fear another RF procedure on my Cervical spine and he wants to redo it, but I just cannot foster the courage to say yes, since he said the occipital neuralgia might get worst!

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote