View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Ok, I had mom's brother call her and he seemed to calm her a bit. I told her about this assisted living facility that my grandma lived in and she didn't yell at me. This is a good sign and hopefully means she is somewhat accepting that something has to be done. But then again, this is mom's pattern.

The lady at the facility remembered my grandma and was so sad to hear about my mom. The facility is great. The residents are retired and the rent is income based. They all have their own apartment which has one bedroom. My grandma's apartment was so cute. The wait list is one year but we'll work around that and maybe help pay mom's rent until she can get on disability.

Monday is the neuro appointment and I'll update as soon as she sees the doctor. You guys are the best! Thanks so much for just listening and letting me vent. It's so hard to help her understand that we love her and only want what's best for her. She feels out of control and this has to be horrible for her to deal with. I remember when Jim went through this and was so young. I also listen when you guys write of your dismay and acceptance of stopping work. This place rocks.

I went out on my back patio today and took down the rest of my screen room brackets to clear my head. It was good therapy. Sun, sweat and hard work.

Last edited by SandyC; 04-17-2008 at 10:03 PM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote