View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default can't tolerate copaxone either?

Here I am again worrying about what to do. Oh yeah, and having a short cry too. I tried the Rebif for almost 2 weeks. Not only did it trigger depression (which is something I have had for years but was/is under control) but it made me so sick all 24 hours, 7 days a week (no break at all) that half the time I couldn't get out of bed. Sick as a dog. I was switched to Copaxone. I was feeling extremely optimistic about this, even though it was daily. I've been on it 2+ weeks now. Yet I seem to be having unbearable side effects from the C. To be expected, the shots hurt like hell but the skin reactions haven't been too bad--some go away after 2 hours. BUT I started out with migraines, nausea, and super anxiety (like drinking 20 cups of coffee). A couple of times I have had chest pain and feel short of breath. Tonight I got the shortness of breath again not to mention the fact that I just feel like I have the flu--still having headaches, nausea, insomnia, and now some muscle aches. I was told C. shouldn't do this. Overall, I have never tolerated medications very well. I know all of our bodies are different but I feel like a failure. Everyone else seems to be able to handle the C.

My fear is: what is next????? I feel like I have to take something, esp. after the neuro scared the crap out of me about my brain. And I want to take something. What if I can't tolerate anything? It's not like there are many options out there. The only real symptom I've had is O.N. Tysabri seems a little scary and don't you usually go on it if you are having more overt severe symptoms?

What if I can't tolerate anything and the MS just progresses?

I feel like I can't seem to get a handle on the MS this past week or so. I think being on the meds just makes it that much more "real."

I am feeling really scared about this and overwhelmed.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote