View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Stickies

Joe--I had the same thought as you; now you've beat me to it! This thread ought to be a sticky, to which only success stories can be added. People need to be able to read about the successes when they come on as newbies and read about all the tests and protocols. It's overwhelming at first, and good news would help.

As to my own supplement regimen-it's taken from stickies, Mrs D's and Wing's recommendations, and my own thinking of anything that's good for mitochondria is good for axons.

Specifically for the PN
Fish Oil: 2- 3 Gm
Acetyl L Carnitine: I can't find a bottle just now with my dosage, but it's the top of the recommended amount, as my carnitine levels run below normal
CoQ10: 100mg twice a day. Now as Ubiquinol
Antioxidants: I take caps made to prevent macular degenereation: they are variously known as EyeCaps, Visivites, of Preservision. They contain Vitamin c, Vitamin E, Zinc, Copper and Lutein.
Folic Acid and methylcobalamin a few times a week.
]SAMe-in spurts, not every week.

For general health and other issues:
Vit D3 800 IU/day
DHEA 50/day

I've had trouble with Calcium & Magnesium combinations and apart, nver finding the exact right combination for me, so right now just try to eat dairy. But I will start CalciumCitrate again soon. I know I need it.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fb123 (09-14-2008)