View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had headaches after starting the C, those went away after about a month or two. I also had to got to the potty a lot after taking the C, and that went away after a few months.

I had a couple of injections (one about 2 months after starting the injections, and the other one about 2 months ago) where I had a weird chest pain sensation and felt like I was breathing weird. (1st reaction was caused by my dad....he injected me in the arm, way too quickly, 2nd time was me, using the autoject and shooting too close to a vein or an artery)

I had a LOT of anxiety...most of it because I didnt want to shoot up, but knew I had to, and that it was going to hurt. I still get the anxiety some, but no where near what it was before.

My site reactions are still pretty impressive. I've got a killer bee sting on my left thigh right now, and I'm trying to find a spot somewhere that's not too close to an older injection site, and it doesnt look like I'll find one.

Could it be that some of your anxiety is from the doctor scaring you earlier and also from the stress of having been just diagnosed and the whole crappy situation of having to inject yourself every day?? I know that sometimes I just sit here and cant believe that I have MS and I get really annoyed at having to poke myself with a needle every day.

There are other meds you can take for MS. Some of them I'd like to try myself except that my neuro has pretty much blown me off when I ask about these particular meds (LDN and Estriol) I personally would not do Tysabri, but that's because I've read some of the research on it, and am not all that enthused by it.

I'm using Copaxone not because my neuro suggested it, he told me I could try any one of the CRABs. I decided to start with the C because it had the least number of side effects, of course, it sucks that I have to inject it every day, but it doesnt give me the flu-like side effects. I dont like the killer bee stings, but I guess my inner masochist is telling me to stick with it for awhile.

There are other meds you can take. So, dont feel like a failure, it's not your fault when/if you have a reaction to a medication.

I go see my neuro in two weeks. I'm definately asking him about the LDN again, because I'd like to try it. If it doesnt work for me, or if it makes me sick, I'll just stick with the Copaxone.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote