View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Am not sure how to answer, but generally if you go to the doc asking for strong narcotics, they will decline. Doctors generally do not want to be told what medicine to give you. Mine however just seems to dole out the ones I do not want and will not give me the one I want. I ask for Demerol, he gives me Dilaudid. I ask for Demerol he gives me Fenanyl. I really do not like Fenanyl, it is eighty times stronger than morphine. Dilaudid is only eight times strong than morphine but I cannot sleep taking that drug. Only when I mix it with Percocet can I go to sleep. The new pain doc I just started going to gave me Flector patches. Seems decent, unfortunately the patch needs to be much larger. It's cost is much better than Fenanyl, $4.33 as opposed to $25.20 a patch. Back to the subject, asking a doctor for narcotics without prior history, their response is that you are searching for drugs, for a habit. This is what they are taught in medical school. You see this all the time in the ER. Let me think awhile on the response. Fruit
fruitcake459 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote