View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Fuzz,

I too had a skateboarding accident. I think I was very lucky though, no real permanent damage. I was going maybe 15-20 mph down a hill on the sidewalk when I hit an edge and the board stopped moving while I continued forward. I think my shoulder hit the pavement about the same time my head did so I'm lucky for that. I do remember seeing all kinds of colors explode in my mind, and being shocked by the realization that heads can actually bounce off off a sidewalk.

It sounds like you're super depressed right now. Hey, I've been there myself. Isolating is about the worst thing you can do when you're depressed. Also, with a TBI, the more you involve yourself in things, the more likely your brain will adjust.

It sounds to me like you're in need of some positivity, so I direct you to my friend Mike Wilkinson's blog. He has chronicled his own TBI recovery amazingly well, and is probably the happiest and most positive guys I know. Check out his site, and if you feel like it, shoot him an email. I guarantee he knows where you're coming from and would be more than happy to give you some advice about it.

Hang in there! There are tons of people who have been where you are right now, and many more who care. If you ever want to talk with me, I'm here. Shoot me a PM any time.

Last edited by Curious; 04-18-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: per nt guidlines re links
Jason C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote